The Psychonautical Society  
Home Info Links Forum RSS feed Profile
FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Private Messages Login/Logout
FlashChat
Chat
Azarius Smartshop

Legal advice

Are Magic Mushrooms legal? The only true answer is sometimes. The main psychoactive ingredient in magic mushrooms is psilocybin (and psilocin when it is broken down). In most countries (i.e. United States, Canada) psilocybin and psilocin are illegal, though in quite a few countries this does not mean that psychoactive mushrooms are illegal as well. Due to this loophole, natural and fresh magic mushrooms are legal in some countries (i.e. UK, Holland). What this means is that naturally occurring psychoactive mushrooms are not illegal (the ones you’ll find in a cow field), but mushrooms that you grow yourself are. Although, if you attempt to dry the mushrooms they are considered illegal.

Are Spore Prints and Syringes illegal? For the most part no, spore prints and syringes are not illegal as they do not contain any illegal substances (i.e. psilocybin or psilocin). In the United States however it is illegal to posses or attempt to acquire a psychoactive mushroom spore print in the states of California and Georgia. Recently the DEA has begun to crackdown on magic mushrooms in the United States so be wary of varying laws.

Psilocin Chemical Data:

IUPAC Name: 4-Hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, 3-[2-(dimethylamino)ethyl]-1H-indol-4-ol
Chemical substance classes: Tryptamines, Indolamines (Indolalkaloides)
Chemical Formula:C12H17N2O

Top of the page